Monday, April 6, 2020

Book Reflection Email Template

Hello lovely souls,

I invite you into a few moments of silence before we begin our prayer time together...
Take a deep breath and breathe in the breath of God, knowing by faith that God breathes into us the breath of life.

Opening Prayer: Taize chant – “The Lord is my light, my light and salvation...”
A couple of minutes of chanting available here:


Center in silence for 20 – 30 minutes.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     * 

Closing Prayer: From Peter Traben Haas “Centering Prayers,” March 31 prayer:

Living and Radiant Source of Love: Awaken me to the importance of wisely using my time to prepare a reservoir of interior peace.

Show me how to identify with common human difficulties through fasting, prayer, and almsgiving and to realize that my own problems do not define me, but can connect me through empathy to a world in process of being reborn.
Amen.

Reflection: I invite you, if you’d like, to share something that spoke deeply to you from Chapter 9 in Rohr’s The Universal Christ. Or share anything that you feel called to share about your life and your spiritual journey over this past week. Please hit “reply all” to share your response with the group.

My sharing: I savored Fr. Richard’s discussion on page 117 of “angels” as the inner spirit or soul of a thing. “When we honor the ‘angel’ or soul of a thing, we respect its inner spirit. And if we learn how to pay attention to the soul of things—to see the ‘angels’ of elements, animals, the earth, water, and skies—then we can naturally work our way back through the Great Chain of Being to the final link, whom many call God.” And also, continuing onto page 118: “What I am saying in this chapter is that there must be a way to be both here and in the depth of here. Jesus is the here. Christ is the depth of here. This, in my mind, is the essence of incarnation, and the gift of contemplation. We must learn to love and enjoy things as they are, in their depth, in their soul, and in their fullness...”
Next week, onward to Chapter 10.

May God bless us with every gift of the Spirit as we continue our journey during these best and worst of times.

Love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment